Larry's Lists Boiiiiiiiii

Discussion of the competitive American Grifball League of America.

Moderators: Community Leaders, GrifballHub Staff, AGLA Admins

Rage
AGLA Admin
AGLA Admin
GGL Team: Apex
AGLA Team: One Hit Wonders
Position: Hybrid

Re: Larry's Lists Boiiiiiiiii

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:25 pm

Pinnheadlarry24 wrote:Rage is gonna be my pallbearer to let me down one last time when I die.

Which means I outlived you so I'm ok with this result.

Reyas
Diamond III
Diamond III
GGL Team: Pinnhead's Bench
AGLA Team: Some Weeby Shit
EUGBL Team: Here lies their hopes and dreams
Position: N/A

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:12 pm

Rage wrote:
Pinnheadlarry24 wrote:Rage is gonna be my pallbearer to let me down one last time when I die.

Also means you have to know him for the entirety of his life...
AGLA Record: W108/L31
EUGBL Record: W136/L46
Overall Record: W397/L109
7x 'ships ~ 7x Runner Up ~ 17x MVP/x of the season

No1

Pinnheadlarry24
Gold III
Gold III
GGL Team: Veni Vidi Vici™
AGLA Team: Impulse™
EUGBL Team: EU is stupid™
Position: Runner

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:19 pm

Reyas wrote:
Rage wrote:

Also means you have to know him for the entirety of his life...

Finding out that you're a girl makes me feel like I don't even know you rey
AGLA FL17 Pro League Champion - Impulse
GGL SML15 Champion - Potatoes 4 Dayz
IGL 6 Champion - Averse*
3x All-Star
Runner of the Season SL17 and FL17
Sword of the Season IGL 7 and FL17
Most Improved Player SL17
#1 Fantasy Scorer FL17

Pinnheadlarry24
Gold III
Gold III

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:38 am

XKnight has worked his way into my heart

This is a guy who truly enjoys the game and I respect that. I love this guy. Truly.
IGL 6 Champion - Averse*
3x All-Star
#1 Fantasy Scorer FL17

Mr Saintz98
Gold I
Gold I
GGL Team: None
AGLA Team: Captain of Notorious
EUGBL Team: None
Position: Hybrid

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:51 am

Just like me
GGL WL14 Champions EaP over WiA :giggle:

Best Tank: IGL 8|Best Duo with Silva: IGL 8

KiIIerz
Platinum I
Platinum I
GGL Team: Turquoise Jeep
AGLA Team: Suit and Tie

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:30 am

BCN19 wrote:
BCN’s Top 30

In my last Top 25 post, I stated I wanted to see a change in names or at least a change in the order of top players in our community. To say that players have become better at H5 over the last couple months is a massive understatement. Though you will see a lot of familiar names occupying this list, the rankings have changed dramatically. It’s been incredible to watch players develop and grow over the course of the season. I’ve removed myself from the list for a couple of reasons, A) because I’m trash, and B) to be professional (more so because of the former).

Before we get in to it I’d like to make my usual statement; the placements in this list are based off of my experience playing with and against these players, and therefore may differ from the players on your list. I’m sure there are a few placements you will disagree with; feel free to roast me about it <3 (I’m sure you would anyways). Let’s dive in to the Top 30.

30) Meowlla

29) Sherbet Shake

28) KDSkill

27) Hide Yo Kids

26) Reyas (RIP)

25) Rick (RIP)

25) Noplex

24) Poptart

23) Canon

22) Boss

21) AJ

20) Ezy

19) Ouglaf

18) Cleak

17) Jea

16) Silva

15) Rain

14) Piggies

13) Shad

12)Digital

11) Tariq

10) Rage – The true god of Late League; Rage has been on fire lately and is becoming virtually unkillable with the ball. The man’s got a massive backpack and has been winning games singlehandedly against proper competition. I hope to see him in this kind of form into GGL and the next AGLA.

9) Zim – The man Zorm has taken grif by storm since he was ammy just last season. He’s since left behind any trace of ammy and has a firm placing inside the top 10.Being yet another Late League warrior, I’ve played with Zim an ample amount and is one of the most consistent players in the league. He hardly misses a punch with the ball and he’s properly scary to come up against in a 1v1, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Zim in the top 5 by the end of next season.

8) Crusader – Sader’s yet another player that’s quickly developed into a top pro. After playing my first season for OHW it’s easy to see why I didn’t get much playing time. The chemistry and ability between each player showed on the court and brought them to the ‘ship. Sader’s playmaking and ridiculous smart-linking defensive abilities made him a standout player for the squad.

7) Gingy – I haven’t played against Gingy a whole lot in custom games, but the few games I’ve played against him in league matches he has absolutely dominated. One of the most lethal tanks in H5, Gingy is in the top two for certain; only ever so slightly outdone by Saintz in the tanking department. Gingy has impressed me this season not just with his tanking, but by adding elements such as the sword and running to his game. Indicative of the reward he received (Hybrid of the season), he has become a well-rounded player capable of more than he has been ever before.

6) Eastbrook – I feel I’ve wronged my boy Larry a bit here by putting him in the #6 spot, but hear me out. As we all know by now Larry is a wizard with H5’s game mechanics, manipulating his movement to stay alive or making filthy sword kills without breaking a sweat. This season Larry found himself in an ever so slightly different role than before. With such a strong supporting cast (Impulse) surrounding him, Larry was given the freedom to essentially become a “pure” runner for the majority of the season. I’m sure plenty of people could have fit into Impulse’s position as their runner, but none could have done it quite so well. The man has more routes than Google maps and has become proficient with his hammer and at punching. He’s developed into a complete runner that is willing to take risks when the rewards present themselves.

5) Sab – Sab is a perfect example of a player who has stepped up and made H5 his bortch this season. Though he has always been considered a pro player, he has developed immensely over the past months. Sab is consistency personified, I’ve never seen the guy have a “bad” game and he’s always in the right position. In the one official league game I got to play against him this season, he was a constant thorn in our side (meant as a compliment), and made the single most incredible play I’ve ever seen to end a game that seemed to be deadlocked as we approached the hour mark (54 minute game). I can’t speak to his talents enough, especially considering the limited game time I’ve had with or against him. From the few encounters I’ve had with Sab, he seems to be one of the few people who are capable of playing a “perfect” game of Grifball.

4) Nets – After playing with and against Nets for nearly a year now, he’s one of the few players that is terrifying to play. One false move and you’ll find yourself victim of an embarrassing ninja or bonk. As I mentioned way back in my first Top 25, he is the definition of “X” factor that can’t be appreciated enough by simply looking at a stat sheet. I wouldn’t say Nets is #1 in any particular category (tanking, defense, offense, running etc), but is rather top 5 in everything. It’s been a while since I was last on a formal team with him, but I heard his leadership skills were top class this season. An integral part of any team is the leader, give this man the reigns and he’ll give you a championship in return.

3) Galvanator – It’s been a while since we’ve seen Galvanator at his true best. With that said, it’s been a while since we’ve really seen him try. Last AGLA Galvanator was putting up ridiculous numbers and was an unstoppable force. Unfortunately for him, SL16 Vital Signs was the one immovable object between him and the ship. I’m excited and eager to see Galv put in the same effort as he did back then. When he’s at his best he’s a lethal combination of aggression, precision and mechanical mastery with all three tools of destruction.

2) Saintz – Saintz has been dominant since day one of his return to Halo. He’s been the best tank by far this season and influences games with the swing of his hammer. A bit overdramatic? Maybe, but he’s proven himself to be one of the best players H5 has seen and is a potential contender for the #1 spot. If there was an option to pair two players together, Saintz with AJ on his team might just have been at the #1 spot.. But seeing as he left his hype man out in the cold this season, he’s at #2 for now.

1) Ace – Was there ever any question? Ace has been playing Grifball and for that matter has been #1 on everyone’s list for much longer than I’ve been around this community. Though arguments could be made that he’s not the #1 tank, Ace’s on court intelligence and cognitive abilities are unparalleled and more than make up for it. Ace put on a show this AGLA and undoubtedly was a massive contributor to Impulse’s success; he’s the true definition of a professional.

0) ixPanthro/Squeeps/Apoc – Because why the foop not. One of the meme gods himself strikes again making the unprecedented #0 spot.

Hope you enjoyed the list, don't take it too seriously <3

Happy New Years!

:eyes:

Pinnheadlarry24
Gold III
Gold III

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:54 am

I don't get the quote?
IGL 6 Champion - Averse*
3x All-Star
#1 Fantasy Scorer FL17

Reyas
Diamond III
Diamond III
GGL Team: Pinnhead's Bench
AGLA Team: Some Weeby Shit
EUGBL Team: Here lies their hopes and dreams
Position: N/A

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:59 am

Pinnheadlarry24 wrote:I don't get the quote?

Killerz < 30
AGLA Record: W108/L31
EUGBL Record: W136/L46
Overall Record: W397/L109
7x 'ships ~ 7x Runner Up ~ 17x MVP/x of the season

No1

Pinnheadlarry24
Gold III
Gold III