Discussion

Gather your teams and chat about the Good Games Recreational Grifball League.

Moderators: Community Leaders, GrifballHub Staff

ActiveHate
Platinum IV
Platinum IV
GGL Team: Free Agent
AGLA Team: Free Agent
Position: Tank

Re: Discussion

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 am

I mean it could work in theory, but I would be worried about people getting left without a team. For instance, a team has space for a 10 credit pickup, but I get valued at 20. If that team is the only team that wants me, what happens next? Do I get forced onto a team due to circumstance? Do I get forced into ammy?
AGLA Champion
GGL Champion
#TheReturn2016
#BlackList

Drksoulnado
Silver III
Silver III
EUGBL Team: High Voltage EUGBL20 Champs
Position: Hybrid

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 pm

ActiveHate wrote:I mean it could work in theory, but I would be worried about people getting left without a team. For instance, a team has space for a 10 credit pickup, but I get valued at 20. If that team is the only team that wants me, what happens next? Do I get forced onto a team due to circumstance? Do I get forced into ammy?

Seems like the likely case. They would have to pick up a 10cr player if that's all Cr left for their team.

~Winter League GGL 2010 Champs- Ahoooo~

~EUGBL20 Champs- High Voltage~

~AGLA SL17 Champs- Underrated~

PoisonxPoptart
AGLA Admin
AGLA Admin
GGL Team: Paradox Warriors
AGLA Team: Ken no senshi

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Hello everyone! Your Admins here, we just want to make a couple announcements as we're heading into the GGL WL18 season!

First off I'd like to introduce our admins assistants! Who will be working closely with the Admin team to make sure the season runs smoothly. We also wanted to pick some players who don't have a whole lot of admin experience, but really wanted to get involved and get their foot into the door for the future!

Admin Assistants:
MsMeowlla
ixPanthro
BCN19
Nikodemons

--

Now GGL Signups! We recently put out a poll for what setup we should go with for this GGL seasons veterans division. Classic (Build your own team, no restrictions), Salary (Build your own team within a cap restriction), Salary Draft (Draft with a team cap restriction).

Our normal salary league came ahead by a large margin, and that is the league we've selected to be implemented in this GGL Veterans division.

I will clarify, there will still be a classic league for any teams who want to play in that or who don't make Salary Division/s

-

So let me dive into how this works a bit for whoever is wondering what this is about.

Players will sign up individually much like our AGLA Bid League. We will then have a value committee make up values for all of the players that signed up. Once that is done, a salary cap will be chosen that your teams value cannot surpass.

How the salary cap is chosen:
So let's say in this scenario we will have 6 teams in salary division, we will find the average cost of the top 24 highest valued players. The cap will be THAT average multiplied by 4, for each player. Plus an added bonus for flexibility. Basically higher quality signups, means the more flexibility each team will have.

Along with the salary cap, you will also have to reach a certain value to be put in the division. Depending on signups as well, it is possible we can have more than one division for lower credit valued teams.

--

So with that, Salary Division signups are now open, starting now until Sunday, Januray 14th
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

Classic Division team signups will start later after Salary Division team signups start.

If you have any questions of course, ask them here, message me or any of the other Admins, Rage More Nerd, The Piggies or Noplex!
- SL17 AGLA Ammy Champion
- Paradox Warriors
Me in Halo 4
Me in Halo 5
"The boogie's got me in a super trance" - Michael Jackson
"Never pm me again" - Saintz

Sadertots
Diamond I
Diamond I
GGL Team: Four Guys One Ball
AGLA Team: One Hit Wonders

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:02 pm

The new era of Watch in Awe will be signing up for classic btw if anybody wants to play against us :)

Actually not 100% sure we'll use the WiA name but we'll see

Lorenzo0o01
Platinum VI
Platinum VI
GGL Team: A Righteous Kill
AGLA Team: Vital Signs
Position: Tank

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Expect Ark in classic too
AGLA: Captain of Vital Signs
GGL: A Righteous Kill
3 GGL ships
1 AGLA ship
1 plastic trophy lel
AGLA stats:
14,433Kills
169 goals
K/D: +4,748

ixGingy
AGLA Admin
AGLA Admin
GGL Team: Turquoise Jeep
AGLA Team: Hybrid Theory
Position: Runner

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:29 pm

F/A im not playing in salary, but I will join a team and ride a bench or play. Doesnt matter to me. Message me on Xbl or here.
"They aren't good enough to 9-0 my team" ~Mclaggers

Pinnheadlarry24
Gold III
Gold III
GGL Team: ARK™
AGLA Team: Impulse™
EUGBL Team: EU is stupid™
Position: Runner

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:24 pm

ixGingy wrote:F/A im not playing in salary, but I will join a team and ride a bench or play. Doesnt matter to me. Message me on Xbl or here.

+1
AGLA FL17 Pro League Champion - Impulse
GGL SML15 Champion - Potatoes 4 Dayz
IGL 6 Champion - Averse*
3x All-Star
Runner of the Season SL17 and FL17
Sword of the Season IGL 7 and FL17
Most Improved Player SL17
#1 Fantasy Scorer FL17

Trespa5s
Intern
Intern
GGL Team: The Dropoffs
AGLA Team: Defiance

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:42 pm

I signed up for Salary but if someone wants my dumb ass on a classic squad I may be down for that.
The game is 90% half mental.

Josh
Diamond I
Diamond I
GGL Team: The Life of AJ
AGLA Team: Evolution/Underrated
EUGBL Team: Monarchs

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:18 am

Same thing these other scrubs said
#NextConnection

Mr AboveAverage
Bronze III
Bronze III

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:26 am

I'm in the pool, IDC what I get picked for as long as I get some play time to smack some people around I'll be happy.
Feel My Wrath.~ :evil:

BossTycoon
Platinum VI
Platinum VI
GGL Team: Veni Vendi Venci
AGLA Team: Bid Pool
EUGBL Team: RIP

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:35 pm

I have a feeling this is going to be another “prammy” season.. which should be interesting..
The Black List - GGL FL11 Vanilla Champions
The Black List - GGL WL12 Dash Champions

Reyas
Diamond III
Diamond III
GGL Team: Pinnhead's Bench
AGLA Team: Some Weeby Shit
EUGBL Team: Here lies their hopes and dreams
Position: N/A

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:56 pm

BossTycoon wrote:I have a feeling this is going to be another “prammy” season.. which should be interesting..

Prammy? Pro and Ammy playing together in one league? So.. every single GGL that’s ever happened?

Cheers for reassuring the obvious
AGLA Record: W108/L31
EUGBL Record: W136/L46
Overall Record: W397/L109
7x 'ships ~ 7x Runner Up ~ 17x MVP/x of the season

No1

Rage
AGLA Admin
AGLA Admin
GGL Team: Apex
AGLA Team: One Hit Wonders

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:30 pm

Hey Everyone! Quick update on GGL this season. The Gametype has been made and we used the results of the AGLA Postseason survey and have introduced the Relic Sword into the game and spawns will remain unchanged. A quick reminder for everyone, the Relic Sword removes the 10% speed boost from the sword, but you can pull the sword out 2x faster. Everything else is the same as the AGLA Gametype.

We are also going to allow players to sign up for BOTH the Vet Division and the Classic Divisions. Both divisions will have games scheduled once a week but the days will vary so we're confident we can make the schedules work with minimal schedule conflicts. Team signups for both divisions are still set to open on the 15th. Vet Division signups are already open for the remainder of the week: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

AJLA
Platinum I
Platinum I
GGL Team: The Life of AJ
AGLA Team: Notorious

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:47 am

Someone pick me up
Notorious

2 - Time All Star

Follow my Stream!