Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:06 pm
So I’m really bored at work today and decided to make a list of the top 5 steals of the IGL Ammy bidding. This isn’t the best players or the best 10 credit pickups (necessarily), this is the best value in terms of getting players well below the credit value for which they should have gone
5) Omgu8myric3: Last season Rice showed he was an extremely capable runner and that he was driven to try to get better. That being said, his attitude was something that held him back. Not arrogance, but rather rage and blindly doing the same thing even though it wasn’t working. Despite that though, he is going to be a strong asset and is worth more than 20 credits. With a couple of decent tanks in front of him (if they’re aggressive) he can score a lot of goals this season. Definitely keep an eye on him.
4) MystTheCold: Formerly Queen of the Sea, she has returned this season in great form. A sneak pick, I would expect her to come through big time for this team. Paired with Meow and Vig, she could definitely bring that skill up and turn this team into something to fear.
3) Juc (Four to Oh): OK, I know I said it earlier, but I’m throwing hands with whoever let this happen AGAIN! This man is good and the fact that he only went for 10 should be criminal. A veteran and all around solid player I’m floored that he didn’t even get a second bid.
2) DragonGuy: Another player returning, DragonGuy going for 20 credits was interesting, but not entirely surprising. This season saw a lot of relatively new captains (a few vets too) so it’s likely that they didn’t recognize him or that it didn’t click that it was THE DragonGuy. A great pickup for Trollin, he picked up a great asset to his team.
1) inMotion Venom: Trainer Venom, I thought this guy would have gone for a TON of credits. The only explanation I can see for the low bid is that availability. Between him and Chef, Mungo seems to have a fetish for assembling the team with the least availability. Regardless, once he’s actually on and playing he’s great. He’s not a flashy player, and he’s not a powerhouse. What he does bring is experience and the ability to train the rest of the team into better players. The real value here is the expertise he brings to the team (but he’s not too shabby himself).
Honorable mention – Godly: Max bid this man. Who cares that he went for the most credits in the pool? IT WASN’T ENOUGH. He’s easily worth 2 times the credits and fighting 2v4 if you have to. He can carry the team blindfolded.
The game is 90% half mental.