AGLA Grifball Discussion Thread

Discussion of the competitive American Grifball League of America.

Moderators: Community Leaders, GrifballHub Staff, AGLA Admins

Reyas
Diamond II
Diamond II
GGL Team: Pinnhead's Bench
AGLA Team: NOPLEX's Salacious B Crumb
EUGBL Team: Here lies their hopes and dreams
Position: Tank

Re: AGLA Grifball Discussion Thread

Sun May 07, 2017 10:03 pm

The Piggies wrote:Did Halo 4 have some poop dash equivalent when it first came out or no?

Halo 4 didn't have any silly new features apart from throwing, the thruster equivalent was tested but removed though.
Last edited by Reyas on Sun May 07, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AGLA Pro/Ammy Record: 96/29
EUGBL Record: 136/46
Overall Record: 363/99
7x 'ships ~ 6x Runner Up ~ 17x MVP/x of the season

Rage
AGLA Admin
AGLA Admin
GGL Team: Apex
AGLA Team: One Hit Wonders
Position: Hybrid

Sun May 07, 2017 10:56 pm

The Piggies wrote:Did Halo 4 have some poop dash equivalent when it first came out or no?

Nothing that was ever close to being used for league play.

PriestXYZ
Silver VI
Silver VI
GGL Team: PPG
AGLA Team: Legitimate Strategy

Mon May 08, 2017 9:48 am

Trying to compare the slide variant to Dash is just gross because the runner could sprint in Dash, which is what made that gametype imo. Being able to hit lanes and sprint was the greatest thing to ever happen to Grifball and it was taken away because people didn't like how random barrel rolling was.

The slide game type, if anything, should be compared to evolved except you get a thruster as the runner. I honestly have not played enough slide to form a proper opinion. I think I played slide once when Halo 5 Grifball first came out and I've played two customs on it since. I'll take this GGL season to form a proper opinion on it.

I know people think that slide "lowers the ceiling" but coming from Reach I felt the unlimited Sprint did some of that in Halo 4 and being able to pass the ball for ridiculous distances somewhat as well. Then everyone figured out how to counter all of it and it became a competitive part of the game.

I know this isn't even the topic of discussion but I'd take slide over thrusters with a faster runner.
ImageImage

Josh
Diamond I
Diamond I
GGL Team: The Life of AJ
AGLA Team: Nets Dimension
EUGBL Team: Monarchs

Mon May 08, 2017 10:38 am

Didn't we try using a sort of thruster at the beginning of h4 as well to try and make a dash gametype? Whatever it was it was awful but reach dash was amazing. My only regret was not being in a dash league :/
#NextConnection

DigitalPain
Silver I
Silver I
GGL Team: Xbox Record That
AGLA Team: Pro Run

Mon May 08, 2017 4:19 pm

PriestXYZ wrote:Trying to compare the slide variant to Dash is just gross because the runner could sprint in Dash, which is what made that gametype imo. Being able to hit lanes and sprint was the greatest thing to ever happen to Grifball and it was taken away because people didn't like how random barrel rolling was.

The slide game type, if anything, should be compared to evolved except you get a thruster as the runner. I honestly have not played enough slide to form a proper opinion. I think I played slide once when Halo 5 Grifball first came out and I've played two customs on it since. I'll take this GGL season to form a proper opinion on it.

I know people think that slide "lowers the ceiling" but coming from Reach I felt the unlimited Sprint did some of that in Halo 4 and being able to pass the ball for ridiculous distances somewhat as well. Then everyone figured out how to counter all of it and it became a competitive part of the game.

I know this isn't even the topic of discussion but I'd take slide over thrusters with a faster runner.

The difference between the current slide gametype and dash from reach is that dash was actually a well balanced gametype. The runner sacrificed his ability to sprint and be faster than a tank so that he could drop the ball and evade across the map. There was a clear penalty for choosing to use the evade instead of the sprint. The current slide gametype doesn't have balance like that. I really think sprint in Halo 4 increased the skill gap in tanking. It gave you a lot more options for baiting then enemy, dancing better, and putting pressure on the enemy team. Halo 4 had some of the best tanking imo.

PriestXYZ
Silver VI
Silver VI
GGL Team: PPG
AGLA Team: Legitimate Strategy

Mon May 08, 2017 4:34 pm

RIP armor abilities
ImageImage

L1ght5aber
Platinum V
Platinum V
GGL Team: Retired
Position: N/A

Tue May 09, 2017 8:58 pm

DigitalPain wrote:The difference between the current slide gametype and dash from reach is that dash was actually a well balanced gametype. The runner sacrificed his ability to sprint and be faster than a tank so that he could drop the ball and evade across the map. There was a clear penalty for choosing to use the evade instead of the sprint. The current slide gametype doesn't have balance like that. I really think sprint in Halo 4 increased the skill gap in tanking. It gave you a lot more options for baiting then enemy, dancing better, and putting pressure on the enemy team. Halo 4 had some of the best tanking imo.

This. Dig for admin.

Shoutout to Sader, Jedi, and Cow. Thanks for some great times, guys. <3

"Look back with a lighter soul,
Harbor motion into the great unknown."
-Anberlin

Reyas
Diamond II
Diamond II
GGL Team: Pinnhead's Bench
AGLA Team: NOPLEX's Salacious B Crumb
EUGBL Team: Here lies their hopes and dreams

Fri May 19, 2017 10:22 am

PRO FINAL STANDINGS:

1. One Hit Wonders 10W, 5L, 59GS, 49GA
2. Impulse 10W, 5L, 65GS, 59GA
3. Vital Signs 9w, 6L, 60GS, 50GA
4. Next Dimension 8W, 6L, 52GS, 54GA

5. Hybrid Theory 6W, 9L, 50GS, 62GA
6. Pro Run 2W, 13L, 47GS, 69GA

Top Goalscorer:

1. Ouglaf11 - 45
2. Pinnheadlarry24 - 36
3. Kid Tonga 1 - 32
4. Killerz Legit - 25
5. Ezy08 - 17

Most Kills:

1. InfiniteRainX - 1744
2. NetsPride15 - 1482
3. iGalvanator - 1409
4. ixGingy - 1372
5. DlGITAL PAIN - 1273

Best Spread:

1. InfiniteRainX - +447
2. ixGingy - +261
3. DlGITAL PAIN - +177
4. iGalvanator - +172
5. Tariqmacpotv4 - +136

Most Carrier Kills:

1. about73puppies - 57
2. Ace B S1lentND1 - 51
3. Ezy08 - 44
4. DCleak - 40
5. Netspride15 - 39

All player stats and final standings can be found here
AGLA Pro/Ammy Record: 96/29
EUGBL Record: 136/46
Overall Record: 363/99
7x 'ships ~ 6x Runner Up ~ 17x MVP/x of the season

NOPLEX
2012 Grifballer of the Year
GGL Team: F/A
AGLA Team: Legendary
EUGBL Team: RIP EU

Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 pm

AGLA SL12-SML12 Head of Stats
AGLA WL13 Admin
AGLA SML13 Commissioner
AGLA SML14 Admin
3 Time Pro All Star Nominee

iSnipeUd0wn
Silver VI
Silver VI
GGL Team: A Righteous Kill
AGLA Team: Hybrid Theory

Mon May 22, 2017 12:00 pm

Pinnheadlarry24 wrote:@All The vets coming outta nowhere not even playing this season giving their opinions.

Fuck ya two cents if it aint going towards the bill. You don't gotta go home but you can't stay here

It's funny how you think your opinion matters to anyone after one good season in a janky game with a Prammy league :)

Godlxss
Ambassador
Ambassador
GGL Team: Easy as Pie

Mon May 22, 2017 12:07 pm

I <3 you Snipe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Undefeated on LAN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

iSnipeUd0wn
Silver VI
Silver VI
AGLA Team: Hybrid Theory

Mon May 22, 2017 12:09 pm

PriestXYZ wrote:Trying to compare the slide variant to Dash is just gross because the runner could sprint in Dash, which is what made that gametype imo. Being able to hit lanes and sprint was the greatest thing to ever happen to Grifball and it was taken away because people didn't like how random barrel rolling was.

Slide does lower the ceiling just like sprint and passing did. You can't keep making it lower just because the new kids on the block want the vets to have to bend at the knee and play with a mechanic that eliminates any sort of tanking strategy besides holding forward and the backstep. There used to be mindgames in dancing, now dancing doesn't even exist and every tanking battle is much closer to a 50/50 regardless of who is tanking. And when this is brought up, everybody who was too stupid to figure out how to dance properly acts like they're the shit because something they were bad at happens to not be essential anymore.

Lorenzo0o01
Platinum VI
Platinum VI
AGLA Team: Vital Signs

Mon May 22, 2017 12:33 pm

There's no dancing involved....right...
AGLA: Captain of Vital Signs
GGL: A Righteous Kill
2013 Grifball Anniversary Cup Champion: Suit & Tie
3x GGL Champion: Potatoes 4 Days, A Righteous Kill
SL17 AGLA Champion: Vital Signs
14,433Kills
League K/D: +4,748

Pinnheadlarry24
Silver V
Silver V
GGL Team: Blacklist™
AGLA Team: One Hit Wonders
EUGBL Team: EU is stupid™

Mon May 22, 2017 1:12 pm

iSnipeUd0wn wrote:It's funny how you think your opinion matters to anyone after one good season in a janky game with a Prammy league :)

I agree
#HandUpDon'tBan

#FreeJeaKilla85

Runner of the Season - Most Improved Player AGLA SL17

Creator of the Best Thread on the Hub
"Larry's Lists Boiiiiiiiiiii"

The Piggies
2014 Grifballer of the Year
2014 Grifballer of the Year
GGL Team: Xbox Record That

Mon May 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Bruh dancing with sprint was so fun in Halo 4. Faking people out and whatnot. Good times.
Carried Ace to his only AGLA bid league championship my first season.

Return to “AGLA Discussion”