The Pig Pen

Discussion of the competitive American Grifball League of America.

Moderators: Community Leaders, GrifballHub Staff, AGLA Admins

imShad
Platinum I
Platinum I
GGL Team: RIP
AGLA Team: RIP

Re: The Pig Pen

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Trespa5s wrote:
The Piggies wrote: So how about instead of worrying about Trashpass you worry about your own skill, cause that's quite a mountain you have to climb.

^^ Ohhhh got eeeemmm.

”Do you have a problem with racism” -Hide yo o Kiddz

SKiYTTLES
Gold I
Gold I
GGL Team: Orphanage for troubled youth
AGLA Team: Offset
Position: Tank

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:02 pm

The Piggies wrote:Thank you Skittyles! Individual write ups would be excellent, the more content the better. It would be interesting to break down a player's play style and discuss their habits, both good and bad.

Thats what im thinking maybe put what you think they could do to make them better and what they excel at. Even putting which players would compliment their styles

The Piggies
2014 Grifballer of the Year
GGL Team: Xbox Record That

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:30 am

In the words of Rage More Nerd, "ONE HIT WONDERS HAS LANDED LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!"

One Hit Wonders had four games yesterday, two double headers, the first being against Pro Run and the second being against Impulse. They walked away with four wins. Four. Wins. In. One. Night. I don't know about you guys but I get so fatigued after 30 minutes of Grifball, but OHW doesn't seem to have that problem. They played for roughly 2.5 hours yesterday and walked away with four wins and two upsets. Let's talk about PR vs OHW.

The two games against PR were very close, I believe both of them came down to 4-4 sudden death Grifball although one may have ended at a 5-3. Either way, it was not an unbalanced game. It was however, probably one of the most fast paced series I've witnessed in Halo 5 thus far. The first 3 goals were scored within the first 5 minutes of the game. After that the game slowed down as the teams got into a rhythm. I said this last night, Pro Run's defensive tanking line is so so clean. If you watch on stream, you'll consistently see them team tanking extremely well, forming a solid wall of a defense that OHW often did not break through while using their hammers. Pro Run's problem is that once they have the bomb, they just don't know what to do. Priest has yet to adapt to the Halo 5 running style and I think above all that is hurting them the most. Digital is still a top tank even though he barely plays, but he's not getting enough help from Canon in this regard, who I think still doesn't quite understand the hammer range. Puppies is the other bright spot on this team besides Dig because he's the main playmaker. He was the one, outside of Dig, who was forcing turnovers, making extraordinary plays with his sword, and his defense has also really been on point. PR's playoff contending chances are looking slimmer every day, if they want a shot they better get Canon and Priest on for some practice.

As for One Hit Wonders....there's a new Grifball meta in play ladies and gentleman, and the name of the game is sword tanking. I said it last night and I'll say it here too, One Hit Wonders is the only team I have seen to have four swords out while on defense - and the crazier thing is that it works for them, extremely well. Last night you would often see Larry, probably the best playmaker on this team at the moment, flank PR's tanking line with his sword and sneak behind to get the crazy smart link lunge on Priest. Even better was OHW's ability to sword tank the hammer tanks and chain lunge on the runner for a turn over. Between Larry, Rage, and Sab, you have 3 incredibly skilled, incredibly aware play makers that were consistently forcing PR to break their tanking line in front of their runner on offense due to sword flanks, which created even more holes for OHW's other swords to sneak through. I'll just be blunt - if you cannot tank against swords, or if your runner is uncomfortable when having swords constantly thrown at them, you are not going to have a fun time against OHW.

I also had to edit this and give a quick shout out to NOPLEX who played incredibly well in the series against PR while subbing on OHW. He filled in for OHW perfectly.

Come back later in the day for a write up on Impulse vs OHW! :)
Last edited by The Piggies on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

NOPLEX
2012 Grifballer of the Year
GGL Team: Paradox Warriors
AGLA Team: Vital Signs
EUGBL Team: RIP EU :(
Position: Hybrid

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 am

Hey I did stuff too lmao. Good write up as always. Loving all this content it's amazing
AGLA Admin
GGL Admin
IGL Admin

PriestXYZ
Gold I
Gold I
GGL Team: PPG
AGLA Team: Legitimate Strategy

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Good thoughts Pig. I think if I were to have had a GGL season before this AGlA it would have benefited me greatly. Having just gotten the game just a little over a month ago, adapting during this Pro season has certainly not been kind to me.
ImageImage

NOPLEX
GGL Team: Paradox Warriors
AGLA Team: Vital Signs
EUGBL Team: RIP EU :(

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:04 pm

PriestXYZ wrote:Good thoughts Pig. I think if I were to have had a GGL season before this AGlA it would have benefited me greatly. Having just gotten the game just a little over a month ago, adapting during this Pro season has certainly not been kind to me.

You are working your butt off to get back into it. Keep grinding coach phil you'll get there, keep improving.
AGLA Admin
GGL Admin
IGL Admin

Canon
Pit Crew Moderator
Pit Crew Moderator
GGL Team: Easy as Pie
AGLA Team: Way To Fail

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:32 pm

I don't know what Piggies is saying. I was flawless last night. I'm flawless every single night of my life. Day and night. I'm a killing machine.

Drksoulnado
Silver III
Silver III
EUGBL Team: High Voltage EUGBL20 Champs

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:01 pm

TFW at the beginning of the stream Piggies said I had a good sword when playing against her but turns out that was my first time using it XD

~Winter League GGL 2010 Champs- Ahoooo~

~EUGBL20 Champs- High Voltage~

~AGLA SL17 Champs- Underrated~

Rage
AGLA Admin
AGLA Admin
GGL Team: Apex
AGLA Team: One Hit Wonders

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 pm

"ONE HIT WONDERS HAS LANDED LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!"*

Not an exact quote*

Very nice write up tho, we hyped.

KING RICK
Bronze VI
Bronze VI
GGL Team: Veni Vidi Vici
AGLA Team: Kills Optional

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Hmm

The Piggies

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 pm

I've been slackalackin on this for a reason folks, but I wanted to get this point across real quick cause I've said it a million times - someone better learn to either hammer tank swords OR sword tank as a team to counter OHW or they will win the 'ship simply because they have the best Team swords in the league right now.

I'm just saying.

iGalvanator
Bronze VI
Bronze VI
AGLA Team: Impulse (2016)

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:43 pm

The Piggies wrote:I've been slackalackin on this for a reason folks, but I wanted to get this point across real quick cause I've said it a million times - someone better learn to either hammer tank swords OR sword tank as a team to counter OHW or they will win the 'ship simply because they have the best Team swords in the league right now.

I'm just saying.

*Puts up a Galv Signal in the skys*
I think Gotham is calling for me, I must train for my moment to come!

The Piggies

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:47 pm

For the Offical Top 25 Player List, click here!

Writeups for #16-20

16. Man Cannon - When Canon isn't playing poop games like Destiny, he's probably chilling in your spawn allowing his team to get an easy tank in or setting up for the pass. Canon is probably the most notorious for spawn trapping in the league, and he's also one of the best at it. His tanking isn't quite what it used to be though, and I think a big part of the reason is because he still hasn't adjusted to the smart link sword mechanic in Halo 5. I also don't think he understands the hammer range yet, but with practice I think he'll be able to make the necessary adjustments.

17. DCleak - DCleak is still as good of a play maker in Halo 5 as he was in Halo 4, being able to predict situations and people is still his strongest asset. He was always one of the few players in the leagues that would be associated with the sword, and the smart link mechanic in Halo 5 has enabled him to pull off some crazy plays. That being said, his hammer is much worse in Halo 5 than it was in Halo 4. He was never the strongest tank but he could get kills with his hammer on defense, and I haven't seen as much of that in Halo 5. If he works on and improves his hammer, DCleak has the potential to be one of the best play makers in the league.

18. Solace VIII
- If Solace weren't sleeping all the time he'd probably be higher on this list. Solace's lag sword is even better in Halo 5 than it was in Halo 4, and I'll give him a slight edge over Ezy for having the best sword on Hybrid Theory. His bombd running is also really good, and his tanking on either end zone is solid. Tbh I think the reason he's so low is just because nobody gets to play with him because his life consists of work and sleeping. RIP.

19. Killerz Legit - It's honestly hard for me to do a write up on Killerz because I've only played with or against him maybe twice in Halo 5 lol. I know sometimes he's over aggressive with the bomb or maybe doesn't throw it? I dunno fam someone write something about Killerz. Killerz play more Grifball.

20. Silent Viper - Silent Viper is the same as killerz, I've barely played against him. The few times I have though, he's been really strong. His sword is pretty good but his hammer is where he shines imo. I have never seen him run the bomb but considering he played with Sab a ton in Halo 4, I'm sure he's not too bad at it.

Looking at this list, I get the feeling these writeups are going to start becoming more difficult. I haven't played a ton of Halo 5, and there's quite a few people on here that I'm just not experienced against. I'll still do my best though coach. :)

DefianT Solace
Platinum I
Platinum I
GGL Team: The Beautiful Game
AGLA Team: One Hit Wonders
EUGBL Team: Ascension

Mon May 01, 2017 1:04 am

I miss playing Halo :(
Team Impact <3
Jolteon

Canon
Pit Crew Moderator
Pit Crew Moderator
GGL Team: Easy as Pie
AGLA Team: Way To Fail

Mon May 01, 2017 6:09 pm

The Piggies wrote:16. Man Cannon - His tanking isn't quite what it used to be though, and I think a big part of the reason is because he still hasn't adjusted to the smart link sword mechanic in Halo 5.

TURN OFF THE SMART LINKS. TURN THEM OFF!

Return to “AGLA Discussion”