The Pig Pen

Discussion of the competitive American Grifball League of America.

Moderators: Community Leaders, GrifballHub Staff, AGLA Admins

imShad
Gold V
Gold V
GGL Team: RIP
AGLA Team: RIP

Re: The Pig Pen

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Trespa5s wrote:
The Piggies wrote: So how about instead of worrying about Trashpass you worry about your own skill, cause that's quite a mountain you have to climb.

^^ Ohhhh got eeeemmm.

#FreeSaintz

SKiYTTLES
Bronze V
Bronze V
GGL Team: Orphanage for troubled youth
Position: Tank

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:02 pm

The Piggies wrote:Thank you Skittyles! Individual write ups would be excellent, the more content the better. It would be interesting to break down a player's play style and discuss their habits, both good and bad.

Thats what im thinking maybe put what you think they could do to make them better and what they excel at. Even putting which players would compliment their styles

The Piggies
2014 Grifballer of the Year
GGL Team: Xbox Record That

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:30 am

In the words of Rage More Nerd, "ONE HIT WONDERS HAS LANDED LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!"

One Hit Wonders had four games yesterday, two double headers, the first being against Pro Run and the second being against Impulse. They walked away with four wins. Four. Wins. In. One. Night. I don't know about you guys but I get so fatigued after 30 minutes of Grifball, but OHW doesn't seem to have that problem. They played for roughly 2.5 hours yesterday and walked away with four wins and two upsets. Let's talk about PR vs OHW.

The two games against PR were very close, I believe both of them came down to 4-4 sudden death Grifball although one may have ended at a 5-3. Either way, it was not an unbalanced game. It was however, probably one of the most fast paced series I've witnessed in Halo 5 thus far. The first 3 goals were scored within the first 5 minutes of the game. After that the game slowed down as the teams got into a rhythm. I said this last night, Pro Run's defensive tanking line is so so clean. If you watch on stream, you'll consistently see them team tanking extremely well, forming a solid wall of a defense that OHW often did not break through while using their hammers. Pro Run's problem is that once they have the bomb, they just don't know what to do. Priest has yet to adapt to the Halo 5 running style and I think above all that is hurting them the most. Digital is still a top tank even though he barely plays, but he's not getting enough help from Canon in this regard, who I think still doesn't quite understand the hammer range. Puppies is the other bright spot on this team besides Dig because he's the main playmaker. He was the one, outside of Dig, who was forcing turnovers, making extraordinary plays with his sword, and his defense has also really been on point. PR's playoff contending chances are looking slimmer every day, if they want a shot they better get Canon and Priest on for some practice.

As for One Hit Wonders....there's a new Grifball meta in play ladies and gentleman, and the name of the game is sword tanking. I said it last night and I'll say it here too, One Hit Wonders is the only team I have seen to have four swords out while on defense - and the crazier thing is that it works for them, extremely well. Last night you would often see Larry, probably the best playmaker on this team at the moment, flank PR's tanking line with his sword and sneak behind to get the crazy smart link lunge on Priest. Even better was OHW's ability to sword tank the hammer tanks and chain lunge on the runner for a turn over. Between Larry, Rage, and Sab, you have 3 incredibly skilled, incredibly aware play makers that were consistently forcing PR to break their tanking line in front of their runner on offense due to sword flanks, which created even more holes for OHW's other swords to sneak through. I'll just be blunt - if you cannot tank against swords, or if your runner is uncomfortable when having swords constantly thrown at them, you are not going to have a fun time against OHW.

I also had to edit this and give a quick shout out to NOPLEX who played incredibly well in the series against PR while subbing on OHW. He filled in for OHW perfectly.

Come back later in the day for a write up on Impulse vs OHW! :)
Last edited by The Piggies on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rookie of the Season SML13
6 ship games and 5 ships in < 2 years
Largest credit jump in bid league history at 27x og value, still made it to the 'ship over your average Hall of Famer w/o another top 10 player on my team
Retired Salty Bacon

NOPLEX
2012 Grifballer of the Year
GGL Team: F/A
AGLA Team: Legendary
EUGBL Team: RIP EU
Position: Hybrid

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 am

Hey I did stuff too lmao. Good write up as always. Loving all this content it's amazing
AGLA SL12-SML12 Head of Stats
AGLA WL13 Admin
AGLA SML13 Commissioner
AGLA SML14 Admin
3 Time Pro All Star Nominee

PriestXYZ
Silver VI
Silver VI
GGL Team: PPG
AGLA Team: Legitimate Strategy

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Good thoughts Pig. I think if I were to have had a GGL season before this AGlA it would have benefited me greatly. Having just gotten the game just a little over a month ago, adapting during this Pro season has certainly not been kind to me.
ImageImage

NOPLEX
GGL Team: F/A
AGLA Team: Legendary
EUGBL Team: RIP EU

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:04 pm

PriestXYZ wrote:Good thoughts Pig. I think if I were to have had a GGL season before this AGlA it would have benefited me greatly. Having just gotten the game just a little over a month ago, adapting during this Pro season has certainly not been kind to me.

You are working your butt off to get back into it. Keep grinding coach phil you'll get there, keep improving.
AGLA SL12-SML12 Head of Stats
AGLA WL13 Admin
AGLA SML13 Commissioner
AGLA SML14 Admin
3 Time Pro All Star Nominee

Cannon
Pit Crew Moderator
Pit Crew Moderator
GGL Team: Easy as Pie
AGLA Team: Way To Fail

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:32 pm

I don't know what Piggies is saying. I was flawless last night. I'm flawless every single night of my life. Day and night. I'm a killing machine.

#FreeSaintz

Drksoulnado
Bronze VI
Bronze VI
EUGBL Team: High Voltage EUGBL20 Champs

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:01 pm

TFW at the beginning of the stream Piggies said I had a good sword when playing against her but turns out that was my first time using it XD
~Winter League GGL 2010 Champs- Ahoooo~

~EUGBL20 Champs- High Voltage~

Rage
AGLA Admin
AGLA Admin
GGL Team: Apex
AGLA Team: One Hit Wonders

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 pm

"ONE HIT WONDERS HAS LANDED LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!"*

Not an exact quote*

Very nice write up tho, we hyped.

KING RICK
Bronze II
Bronze II
GGL Team: Lethal Hammers
AGLA Team: Impulse

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Hmm

The Piggies
GGL Team: Xbox Record That

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 pm

I've been slackalackin on this for a reason folks, but I wanted to get this point across real quick cause I've said it a million times - someone better learn to either hammer tank swords OR sword tank as a team to counter OHW or they will win the 'ship simply because they have the best Team swords in the league right now.

I'm just saying.
Rookie of the Season SML13
6 ship games and 5 ships in < 2 years
Largest credit jump in bid league history at 27x og value, still made it to the 'ship over your average Hall of Famer w/o another top 10 player on my team
Retired Salty Bacon

iGalvanator
Bronze II
Bronze II
AGLA Team: Impulse (2016)

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:43 pm

The Piggies wrote:I've been slackalackin on this for a reason folks, but I wanted to get this point across real quick cause I've said it a million times - someone better learn to either hammer tank swords OR sword tank as a team to counter OHW or they will win the 'ship simply because they have the best Team swords in the league right now.

I'm just saying.

*Puts up a Galv Signal in the skys*
I think Gotham is calling for me, I must train for my moment to come!

Return to “AGLA Discussion”