Rage's Rankings

Discussion of the competitive American Grifball League of America.

Moderators: Community Leaders, GrifballHub Staff, AGLA Admins

Rage
AGLA Admin
AGLA Admin
GGL Team: Apex
AGLA Team: One Hit Wonders
Position: Hybrid

Re: Rage's Rankings

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:21 am

Week 4 Power Rankings Continued!

1. One Hit Wonders (6-2)
2. Vital Signs (4-2)
3. Next Dimension (3-4)
4. Impulse (3-4)
5. Hybrid Theory (3-2)
6. Pro Run (2-6)

One Hit Wonders moves up 1 spot
Vital Signs moves up 1 spot
Next Dimension moves up 2 spots
Hybrid Theory moves down 4 spots

Two days in a row with a lot of movement in the rankings and the standings are starting to tell a story. One Hit Wonders follows up their 4-0 night on Tuesday with a 2-1 night splitting games with Next Dimension and then a quick 5-0 win over Hybrid Theory to take over the top spot. One Hit Wonders has now beaten every team in the league except for Vital Signs... and guess who their one game is against next week.

Rough night for Hybrid Theory who drops games to One Hit Wonders and Pro Run and takes the biggest tumble down the rankings this season. It's a big drop but I feel that they have the same issue as Pro Run, they haven't quite adjusted to Halo 5 yet. Both these teams need to get some scrims played and some more practice individually if they want to excel because Halo 5 Grifball is starting to develop an identity to differentiate from Halo 4 and they're not keeping up with the change. Pro Run has actually started to perform better with a lot of close games and a couple wins, the standings are pretty even so their window hasn't closed just yet.

Next Dimension splits games tonight but I'm pushing them up a bit, they played OHW very well and almost completed a 4-1 comeback to show they're not a sub .500 team and I expect them to turn it around.

Vital Signs is just chilling right now, they've had very poor showings and very dominating performances, they're a wild card. They have everything they need to be a top team, just gotta see them play some teams at full strength now that we're into the meat of the schedule.

NetsPride15
Gold III
Gold III
GGL Team: A Righteous Kill
AGLA Team: Impulse
Position: N/A

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:17 am

Rage wrote:Vital Signs moves up 1 spot

We did have a great week in Action Sack, glad to see you took that into account.
"Oh look, we got the escape from whatever we need to escape map" - Ace

"But thats no fun, look at all this juicyness" - Cutthroat912

The Piggies
2014 Grifballer of the Year
GGL Team: Xbox Record That

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:35 am

We are probably the only team where all 5 of our players rarely play customs outside of league games, I think that came back to bite us in the butt (as it should lol).

PriestXYZ
Gold I
Gold I
GGL Team: PPG
AGLA Team: Legitimate Strategy

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 am

The Piggies wrote:We are probably the only team where all 5 of our players rarely play customs outside of league games, I think that came back to bite us in the butt (as it should lol).

Dig and Man Can would argue that one lol.
ImageImage

NOPLEX
2012 Grifballer of the Year
GGL Team: F/A
AGLA Team: Legendary
EUGBL Team: RIP EU

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:35 am

PriestXYZ wrote:
The Piggies wrote:We are probably the only team where all 5 of our players rarely play customs outside of league games, I think that came back to bite us in the butt (as it should lol).

HT and PR just need Destiny practice together whatchu mean. #TeamBuilding
AGLA Admin
GGL Admin
IGL Admin

The Piggies

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:39 am

PriestXYZ wrote:

You're not wrong there haha, but at least you and Puppies are on consistently. Not a single one of HT's players (outside of maybe Gingy?) gets on to play customs. Silva hadn't played in like a month before last night lol.

iGalvanator
Bronze V
Bronze V
AGLA Team: Impulse (2016)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Rage wrote:Week 4 Power Rankings Continued!

1. One Hit Wonders (6-2)
2. Vital Signs (4-2)
3. Next Dimension (3-4)
4. Impulse (3-4)
5. Hybrid Theory (3-2)
6. Pro Run (2-6)

One Hit Wonders moves up 1 spot
Vital Signs moves up 1 spot
Next Dimension moves up 2 spots
Hybrid Theory moves down 4 spots

Two days in a row with a lot of movement in the rankings and the standings are starting to tell a story. One Hit Wonders follows up their 4-0 night on Tuesday with a 2-1 night splitting games with Next Dimension and then a quick 5-0 win over Hybrid Theory to take over the top spot. One Hit Wonders has now beaten every team in the league except for Vital Signs... and guess who their one game is against next week.

Rough night for Hybrid Theory who drops games to One Hit Wonders and Pro Run and takes the biggest tumble down the rankings this season. It's a big drop but I feel that they have the same issue as Pro Run, they haven't quite adjusted to Halo 5 yet. Both these teams need to get some scrims played and some more practice individually if they want to excel because Halo 5 Grifball is starting to develop an identity to differentiate from Halo 4 and they're not keeping up with the change. Pro Run has actually started to perform better with a lot of close games and a couple wins, the standings are pretty even so their window hasn't closed just yet.

Next Dimension splits games tonight but I'm pushing them up a bit, they played OHW very well and almost completed a 4-1 comeback to show they're not a sub .500 team and I expect them to turn it around.

Vital Signs is just chilling right now, they've had very poor showings and very dominating performances, they're a wild card. They have everything they need to be a top team, just gotta see them play some teams at full strength now that we're into the meat of the schedule.

Put us last place coach, I want us to be on a losing streak then I want to make the amazing comeback winning streak 8-)

Canon
Pit Crew Moderator
Pit Crew Moderator
GGL Team: Easy as Pie
AGLA Team: Way To Fail

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:57 pm

iGalvanator wrote:Put us last place coach, I want us to be on a losing streak then I want to make the amazing comeback winning streak 8-)

Already being done by PR.

8-7 record, here we come. 8-)

DefianT Solace
Platinum I
Platinum I
GGL Team: The Beautiful Game
EUGBL Team: Ascension

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:45 pm

I play customs every night relentlessly
Team Impact <3
Jolteon

Rage
AGLA Admin
AGLA Admin
GGL Team: Apex

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:44 am

Week 5 Pro Rankings!!!

1. One Hit Wonders (7-2)
2. Vital Signs (5-4)
3. Hybrid Theory (4-2) Up 2
4. Next Dimension (3-4) Down 1
5. Impulse (3-4) Down 1
6. Pro Run (2-8)

A fairly quiet week 5 in Pro this season, Vital Signs was the only team to play more than one game but it didn't exactly go as planned for them. As soon as it started to look like Vital Signs and One Hit Wonders were separating themselves from the rest of the league, Hybrid Theory shows up and closes the gap.

A 5-2 win over Vital Signs against a revitalized Hybrid Theory brings them right back up the rankings but I'm not putting them over Vital Signs just yet. Hybrid Theory needs to show some consistency over the next week when they play Impulse (possibly twice) and Next Dimension. A winning week can see them move up a spot or 2 depending on what happens in the rematch between One Hit Wonders and Vital Signs.

Pro Run drops another game and now sits at a 2-8 after another blown lead. Pro Run could be an above .500 team if they held all these leads they've given up and another 4-2 lead slipped away this week and quite possibly the season. They've locked in a losing record with 5 games left in the season and do not control their fate.

One Hit Wonders on the other hand has complete control of where they end up after a 5-2 win over Vital Signs. They've now beaten every team in the league and sit at the top of the standings. Nothing from Next Dimension or Impulse this week.

The Piggies

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:47 am

Don't count us in yet, we still don't practice :)

iGalvanator
Bronze V
Bronze V
AGLA Team: Impulse (2016)

Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:26 pm

The Piggies wrote:Don't count us in yet, we still don't practice :)

Same goes for my team xc

Return to “AGLA Discussion”