Following InfiniteRain’s Pro Power Rankings earlier this week, AGLA Pro Captain Tonga weighs in on where each Pro team currently stands.
10. One Hit Wonders- It’s no surprise the once great OHW are at the bottom of the barrel. Their season has been a roller coaster and Rage still wanting to finish out the season shows the resilience and passion that he has for Grifball to say the least. The team has been through so many changes throughout the season from suspension of one of the best tanks in the league, about73puppies to retirement of ScoBlazen. There was also trading cards handed out to imshad and noplex. Now they’re left with Rage, ouglaf, and xach. Don’t see them doing much the remainder of the season but rage can go out with his head high for finishing out the season.
9. Pro Run- This team would have been more competitive if it wasn’t for some sniping during bidding. Killerz was basically just going with whoever was left after losing out on players. His team hasn’t really done much this season and never was really a threat especially after trading fearlessfive. I don’t see them really rising up the rankings the rest of the season.
8. Legitimate Strategy- These guys showed some promise at the very beginning of the season upsetting Hybrid Theory 5-4. However, a key trade of Nikodemons was too much for LS. Rebs is a very solid player and I know with the right people around him he could do some crazy things. Unfortunately, he chose to pick his friends and they aren’t as skilled as he is and it has showed throughout the season.
7. Hybrid Theory- I was never sold on this team from the beginning. I’ve been saying that this would be an awesome Halo 4 team but they haven’t transitioned well to Halo 5 grifball. Ezy and Gingy are always going to be a threat no matter what but the passion isn’t there. If they wanted to, they could easily turn this thing around. Cutthroat is trying to be a Rocket League pro while Solace and Dabb(cyan) are no where to be found. With the great winning tradition this team once had, HT alum would be very disappointed. Maybe next season could be different.
6. Uplifted- I wasn’t thinking this team would do much but after a couple good wins, they’re right in the playoff hunt. Nets is the best player on this team and their 1-2 punch with him and AJ should only get better towards the end of the season. With the addition of Shad due to a trade, should take some burden off nets so he doesn’t have to run the whole game. Hopefully the 2x AGLA champ Nets can conjure something this last straightaway of the season.
5. Notorious- With the suspension of their captain Almighty Tycoon(Boss) their season is in question. I don’t think this team can last without Boss for the remainder of the season. They’re right in the mix for that 3rd and final spot for the playoffs. They may hold off if Larry and Perfect Demise(PD) can see past their differences. They’re both solid players so we’ll see these final weeks of the season . All boss can do is sit back and watch his team battle it out to make it into the playoffs. He could be reinstated start of the playoffs who knows. The only thing that is certain is they do have the final playoff spot in the hammer conference, it is theirs to lose at this point.
4. Retroactive- I don’t want to take anything away from the rest of the team but they would agree that Silent(ace) would be the workhorse of this team. He make this thing go and has carried this team to the top of a very weak sword conference. Alpha has done some okay running behind silent and reactive winter, gambit, and el terrible feed off of silent. They’ve been doing an alright job carrying their own weight but their season depends on how hard silent is will to try.
3. Vital Signs: I think this team is stronger than Retroactive and in the long run, they’ll probably be the team to come out of the sword conference. With the addition of Catori and loss of Ouglaf will only help this team. Rain is arguably the best tank in the league and with the combination of Catori and SKR dragon aggressive approach, they have a really good chance at making it all the way. The only thing this team lacks is playmaking. Who is the one going to step up when the game is on the line and somebody needs to make a play? I guess we’ll see come playoff time.
2. Next Dimension- I still haven’t made up my mind about 2nd-4th because any of these teams could be the second best team, but I think ND has an upper hand on those teams due to their playmaking ability. The duo of Tariq and Five have been on point for this team all season. Tariq has proven why he is a top tier player by making some ridiculous plays and his sword game has really come along which has made him more dangerous. Outgunnery is so underrated and has been overshadowed by his teammates and doesn’t get the recognition he deserves. Definitely one of the top tanks in the league. Pimp really put himself and his team in a great situation.
1. Impulse- Hey look it’s my team, sitting at the top of the league. This team is the true definition of teamwork. These guys set there personal agendas aside and they all buy into the system. That has been the key to this team’s success, they’ve only suffered one loss this season, but that was a fluke due to Galvanator not playing. With my running skills behind that tanking line, it has been nearly unstoppable. Myself, Star, and Galvy haven’t lost a game while all 3 of us are starting. Shadow and Rick have different skill sets but it doesn’t really matter who the 4th has been. With the season coming to an end soon, I don’t see anyone beating this team and the only team that proposes a threat is themselves.